Take control of your bladder issues instead of your bladder controlling you. InterStim® Therapy offers a state-of-the-art approach to managing urinary retention and the symptoms of overactive bladder, including:
- Bladder Leakage
- Urinary Urgency
- Urinary Incontinence
- Frequent Urination
- Urinary Retention
- When unsuccessful with other treatments or medications
- Previous medications cause intolerable side effects
What is InterStim?
InterStim Therapy is like a pacemaker for the bladder. It provides a mild, electronic stimulation just below the surface of the skin where the sacral nerves reside. The sacral nerves control all the functions of the pelvis and its organs. The stimulation is provided by an implanted device about the size of a silver dollar.
The gentle stimulation provided by the InterStim stimulator targets the communication signals from your brain to the sacral nerves. In doing so, the stimulator helps the brain and the sacral nerves communicate clearly and assists in correcting bladder function.
How will I know if InterStim Therapy will work for me?
Sacral Nerve Stimulation through InterStim Therapy may be an option for you if:
- You have overactive bladder or urinary retention AND
- You have tried other more conservative treatments such as fluid and diet modifications and physical therapy, AND
- You have been unsuccessful or could not tolerate other medications or treatments.
A physician’s examination and evaluation can determine whether you are a candidate for InterStim Therapy. Please contact us to review your Bladder Control Scorecard results or discuss your results with your primary care doctor at your next appointment.